1) Romans 5:12-14; The imputation of sin and death to all men.
2) Romans 7:14-25; Indwelling sin, deception, doing, and death.
3) Romans 6:6-7; Potential: Not slaves to sin.
4) Psalm 51:5; The sin nature is given from conception.
5) Ecclesiastes 7:20; “Indeed,
there is not a righteous man on earth who
continually does good and who never sins.” Also: I Kings 8:46.
6) Ephesians 4:22; “That, in
reference to your former manner of life, you
lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the
lusts of deceit.”
7) Colossians 3:9; “Do not
lie to one another, since you laid aside the old
self with its evil practices.”