BIBLICAL CONCEPT: Hebrew
1) The name Hebrew means: to pass over, sojourn.
2) Genesis 14:13 - Abraham the Hebrew. Abraham was the first man called a Hebrew. He crossed the river Jordan to enter Canaan from Mesopotamia.
3) The name Hebrew comes from Abram’s ancestor Eber who dwelt in the Ur of the Chaldeans (Mesopotamia), Gen. 11:14, 26, 28.
4) Genesis 40:15 - Hebrews were identified with a particular land (Israel, Palestine).
5) Hebrew is equivalent to Israelite - 2 Cor. 11:22.
6) Hebrew is a language. A Northern Semitic dialect from the grouping of Phoenician, Aramaic, Akkadian (Assyria/Babylon) and Arabic. See Acts 26:14.