BIBLICAL CONCEPT: GOD IS A CONSERVATIVE
1. Conservative, conservatism = "Tending to favor the preservation of existing order and to resist or oppose change or innovation." "The disposition in politics or culture to maintain the existing order and to resist or oppose change or innovation." (See the Political Definitions below).
2. Divine authority - Daniel 4:35.
3. Authority orientation in family - Ephesians 5:22 and 6:1.
4. Orientation to nations - Genesis 10:32 and Revelation 21:24.
5. Authority orientation to government - Romans 13:1-2, Mark 12:17, 1 Timothy 2:1-2.
6. Free enterprise/reward economy - Matthew 20:15 and James 4:13.
7. Work not welfare centered - 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 and 1 Timothy 5:8.
8. Authority orientation to employers - Ephesians 6:5-8; 1 Peter 2:18-19, Matthew 20:15 and Genesis 16:9.
9. Protection of labor - 1 Timothy 5:18; James 5:4 and Malachi 3:5-6.
10. Ownership of private property - Proverbs 31:16 and Deuteronomy 5:19-21.
11. Pro military - Judges 3:1-2.
12. Oriented to spiritual authority - I Thessalonians 5:12.
Socialism - "A social system in which the producers possess both political power and the means of producing and distributing goods." "In Marxist-Leninist theory, the building, under the dictatorship of the proletariat (workers), of the material base for communism."
"A social system characterized by the absence of classes and by common
ownership of the means of production and
subsistence." "A political, economic, and social doctrine aiming at the establishment of such a classless society." "The Marxist-Leninist doctrine of revolutionary struggle toward this goal." "Leftist activity aiming at revolution used loosely."
Liberalism - "Having, expressing, or following social or political views or policies that favor man - revolutionary progress and reform." "Having, expressing, or following views or policies that favor the freedom of individuals to act or express themselves in a manner of their own choosing." "Tolerant of the ideas or behavior of others."
Leftism - "Of or belonging to the political or intellectual Left." "The individuals and groups pursuing generally egalitarian ("advocating the doctrine of equal political, economic, and legal rights for all citizens.") political goals by reformist or revolutionary means, in opposition to broadly conservative, established, or reactionary interests."
Conservatism - "Tending to favor the preservation of existing order and to resist or oppose change or innovation." "The disposition in politics or culture to maintain the existing order and to resist or oppose change or innovation."
Rightism - "Of or tending toward conservative or reactionary ("opposing progress or liberalism") political policies or views.
Fascism - "A philosophy or system of government that advocates or exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with an ideology of belligerent nationalism."
Moderatism - "Opposed to radical or extreme views or measures, especially in politics and religion." "One who holds moderate views or opinions, especially in politics or religion."