1) Vocabulary: a) Aichmalotos
- To take captive at spear point. From
aichme - a spear. b) Zogreo - To take alive, take a prisoner in war
(instead of killing).
2) 2 Timothy 2:26; The devil
holds men captive to do his will. Compare
with Ephesians 2:1-3.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ frees men from the bondage of
3) Ephesians 4:8; Jesus Christ
captures men from the devilís hold and
makes them His own. Compare Luke 4:18 and 5:10.
4) 2 Timothy 3:6; Personal
sin patterns can lead to further captivity.
Compare Romans 7:23.
5) 2 Corinthians 10:5; Taking
captive our own thoughts is an important
aspect of the Christian way of life. Note the warfare in 10:3-4.