1) Vocabulary: kaleo - to call, to invite.
2) Romans 8:28-30; The relationship
between calling, God's purpose,
foreknowledge, predestination, justification and glorification. The
invitation is based on God's plan, omniscience, sovereignty, justice and
1) The context demonstrates that Romans 8 is a passage
which encourages the Christian to live like a conqueror (vv. 28, 31, 37).
Calling is part of our confidence. 2) Calling (invitation) included human
volitional choices: ďgood to those who love GodĒ (v. 28a). The act of
calling suggests the potential of a response. 3) Calling is not arbitrary,
but is based on Godís purpose and foreknowledge. 4) Calling is secure to
happen because it has Godís omniscience and omnipotence
(predestined) behind it. 5) Calling also relates to the surety of our eternal
blessing (justified, glorified, v. 30b).
3) 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14;
The relationship between calling, choosing,
sanctification, faith, Gospel and glory.
1) Godís calling is accomplished through the Gospel (v.
14a). 2) Godís calling includes human volitional choices (v 13b). 3)
Calling, according to the context, is part of the Christianís
4) 1 Corinthians 1:21-24; The
relationship between the cross, Gospel,
belief, salvation and calling.
1) Calling includes human volitional choices (vv. 21b-22).
2) The mechanics of the call included the preaching of the cross (vv. 21b,
5) 2 Timothy 1:9; Call versus works.
1) Calling is not arbitrary, but is according to Godís
purpose, grace and omniscience (v. 9b). 2) Calling is accomplished
through the Gospel (1:8b, 10b). 3) Calling includes human volitional
choices according to context of 1:8a and 1:12b. 4) Calling is part of
Paulís message of encouragement to Timothy. See 1:5-8 and 1:12-14.
6) Ephesians 4:1; The relationship
between calling and Christian Way Of
1) Calling describes the special life God has for us after
salvation (see also vv. 2-3). 2) This special calling is used to motivate the
Christian to live the Christian Way Of Life. 3) See this often repeated
Christian Way Of Life calling in : 1 Thessalonians 2:12; 4:7; 2
Thessalonians 1:11-12; 1 Peter 1:15; 2:9; 2:21; 5:10 and 2 Peter 1:10.
7) Calling summary: God's call
is His careful plan which insures that the
Gospel will be preached and includes human volitional choices apart
from works. Godís call encourages the living of the special Christian Life.