Biblical Concept: Anger
1) Proverbs 14:17a; A quick-tempered man acts foolishly.
2) Proverbs 14:29; He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts
3) Proverbs 16:32; He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who
captures a city.”
4) Proverbs 19:11; A man’s discretion makes him slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression.”
5) Proverbs 19:19; A man of great anger shall bear the penalty, for if you rescue him, you will only have to do it
6) Proverbs 22:24-25; “Do not associate with a man given to anger; or go with a hot tempered man, lest you
learn his ways, and find a snare for yourself.”
7) Proverbs 29:8-9; “Scorners set a city a flame, but wise men turn away anger. When a wise man has a
controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.”
8) Ecclesiastes 7:9; Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, for anger resides in the bosom of fools.”
9) Galatians 5:19-25; Anger is a deed of the flesh. Compare Colossians 3:8-10.
10) Ephesians 4:30-32; Anger grieves the Holy Spirit.
11) James 1:19-20; “This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and
slow to anger, for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.”