Christmas(1): The advent(2) of Jesus(3); the God(4); a Shepherd(5) born amidst domesticated animals(6), Himself the sacrificial(7) Lamb of God(8), a Son of Man(9), humble(10) and suffering in life and death(11).
(1) 1. December 25th, a holiday celebrated by Christians as the anniversary of the birth of Jesus. 2. The Christian church festival extending from December 24 (Christmas Eve) through January 6th (Epiphany). In this sense, also called Christmastide. Christ + Mass = a celebration of Christ.
(2) A special arrival. Capitalized: 1. The birth of Christ. . . 3. The period including four Sundays before Christmas, the first of which is called Advent Sunday.
(3) Jesus = Iesous (VIhsou/j) = (Hebrew) Joshua ([;vuAhy>) = Deliverer. See Matthew 1:21.
(4) The Deity of Christ is described in Colossians 2:9, John 1:1-3, Titus 2:13, and Hebrews 1:8.
(5) See Matthew 2:6.
(6) See Luke 2:7.
(7) NAS Ephesians 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma (The underline is mine.).
(8) See John 1:29, 1 Peter 1:17-19, and Revelation 7:9-17 ("Lamb" is
found 26x in Revelation).
(9) Jesus favorite title for Himself, used over 80 times. See the Biblical Concept: Son of Man.
(10) See Philippians 2:5-8.
(11) See Isaiah 53.