Biblical Concept: Be Alert
(gregoreo) = to be awake, to watch, alert, vigilant.
- Acts 20:31, Local Church overseers are to be alert for
false teachers. Note 20:28-32.
- 1 Co. 16:13, Paul commanded the Corinthians to be
- Col. 4:2, Keeping alert is part of being devoted to
- 1 Thess. 5:6, Christians are to be alert regarding the
day of the Lord. (The Day of the Lord includes: Rapture,
Tribulation, Millennium, and Eternity Future. See 1 Thessalonians
4:17, 5:3-6; Zechariah 14:1-11; and 2 Peter 3:10-13.)
- 1 Pet. 5:8, Christians need to be alert about the
activities of the Devil. Note 5:9.
- Rev. 3:2-3, The Believers at Sardis needed to “wake up”
from their dead spiritual status and works. Note 3:1b-3:3.
- Rev. 16:15, Tribulational
believers will need to be alert for the Lord’s Second Advent. Also